Selecting the right school is a big decision, and we know you want to choose a learning environment that offers the best opportunities available to your child. We know you’ll be very happy with the educational experiences you’ll find at Thomas Edison Charter Academy.
We provide a rigorous language arts, STEM, and visual and performing arts education that develops each student’s intellect, independence, and social-emotional skills. Guided by our dedicated and diverse faculty and staff, our students build their confidence and curiosity, critical thinking skills, and the ability to solve problems creatively and collaboratively.
TECA Prepares Students for Success
- Our courses are aligned to the Common Core.
- We offer a dual language, Spanish-English program for students in kindergarten through fifth grade.
- We are an inclusive and diverse community, and our parents participate as education partners.
- Our commitment to health and wellness includes yoga, sports, and locally prepared breakfast and lunches.
- Our graduates go on to attend the city's top public and private high schools.
- TECA is a public, nonprofit TK through eighth-grade charter school in San Francisco.
Dedicated to Your Child’s Success
We care about each student and are dedicated to providing an education that allows all of our students to succeed. Our highly qualified teachers work with students in a small class setting that allows them to personalize their teaching strategies. We also offer a full range of support services and program offerings that enhance student learning.
Critical Thinking, Creativity, Innovation, Community
- Opportunities for self-expression
- Varied literature studies
- Creative and expository writing
- Project-based learning
- Laboratory sciences
- STEM curricula
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Physical education
- Healthy food
- Spanish-English Dual Language Immersion Program
- Sports teams
- Structured recess
We are proud to have received, for the previous two years in a row, the Innovate Public School award for Top Bay Area Public Schools for Underserved Students.
We appreciate the strong school and community support we receive. We can’t do it without you!
We Have It All
- Professional arts instruction
- 21st-century academics
- 1:1 Technology
- Dual language program
- School uniforms – students dress for success
- Visual and performing arts
- Special education support
- After-school program
- Small class sizes
- Free universal breakfast
- STEM curricula
- Daily PE, dance, music, and art
- And more!