Welcome to another school year. We have had a great start. The students have been very excited and are working diligently. The teachers started teaching from the first day of school and are advancing your children academically each day.
September is an exciting month. We have a number of activities in place:
- Our Parent Café has resumed. Monday and Thursday mornings from 8:30 – 9:30 parents are invited to gather in the cafeteria for coffee and pastries. This is also an opportunity to share ideas about workshops that parents may want.
- The School Site Council meeting is September 9th at 3:30.
- The TECA Board meeting is September 9th at 6:00.
- This month beginning on the 15th our English Language Learner (ELL) students will be taking the state CELDT exam.
- Back to School Night is on the 18th from 5:30 – 7:00.Our first Arts & Achievement Assemblies are scheduled for September 24th.
- Our Kindergarten – second grade students will be taking the Fountas and Pinnell Benchmark Assessments beginning September 22nd.
Please remember to have your child in the TECA uniform every day.
A caution: Please remind your children that when walking home from school to walk in pairs or a small group. Remind them not to talk to strangers. If they feel they are being followed notice as much about the person and their vehicle as possible. They should go to a safe public place such as a store etc. They should tell an adult that they feel that they are being followed.
I look forward to seeing you at one of our September events.
-Olivia Lynch, Executive Director/Principal
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT & PICTURE DAY
Back to School Night will be on September 18th from 5:30-7pm. Please join us in the auditorium to meet the staff and get information about some of the educational organizations in our community. At 6pm parents will be given the opportunity to visit their children’s classrooms to participate as teachers present curriculum. It is important that you attend.
-Picture day will also take place on September 18. Please make sure your child is ready and is wearing our school uniform for picture day.
ARTS & ACHIEVEMENT
TECA’s first Arts & Achievement Assemblies will be on Wednesday, September 24th. All of the assemblies will include the talents of our creative and performing arts students. This year homeroom classes will honor students for demonstrating a TECA core value.